Monday, September 5, 2011

more chic than shabby.

Hi, everyone, I'm Susi and I write as a guest blogger for Design Shuffle, a fabulous social media site that promotes interior designers and their work from around the world. My writing focuses on things I'm passionate about: interior design, decorating ideas, home furnishings, gardening, travel and art. I get to look at gorgeous things all day and write about them. I'm a very lucky girl!

I am delighted to be writing a post for Mary Corder this week. I love her blog's mix of inspiring words, gorgeous pics and new music. I was inspired by her To Die For Design post and went looking for rooms that border shabby and chic with loads of vintage style. I hope you enjoy these lovely little rooms. Thanks for letting me and Design Shuffle come visit! Enjoy!

Shabby Chic Rooms

My Revelment via


A white room is anchored by a lovely black desk. Love the white filled shelves and charming artwork above them. The two color palette is very chic.

Shabby Chic Rooms

A Lady's Findings via


Love the green painted floors and table base. So fresh and fun in this cottage style kitchen.

Shabby Chic Rooms

The Decorista via


More chic than shabby, this living room is an eclectic mix of colors and patterns, personal art and stylish accessories. Love the bar tucked in the corner.

Shabby Chic Rooms

My Revelment via


An interior design world view of accessories and art gives this nook a chic style. A London Tube sign mixes with Turkish Kilim rugs, both are graphic and add interest to the space.

Shabby Chic Rooms

My Revelment via


Love the black and white stripes against a white painted floor. The geraniums along the windowsill give the entry an old fashioned charm, as does the painted garden bench.

Shabby Chic Rooms

Loviebeks via


This studio space makes me want to sew or make or paint something. Love the mix of art and the shabby but chic vintage chair. An all white space has infinite decorating and creative potential.

Shabby Chic Rooms

Meggie Lynne via


A colorful assortment of pillows makes for a bright and cheery living room. A mix of vintage finds from different eras gives a chic but shabby style to living room designs.

Shabby Chic Rooms

My Ideal Home via


A chic cottage kitchen has a vintage inspired blue fridge. Love the wood counter top that matches the oversized wooden knobs on the white cabinets.

If you are looking for more inspirations on rooms that are "To Die For Designs," head on over to Design Shuffle -- a place where you can find and share talented interior designs and inspirations from from New York interior designers, Los Angeles interior designers, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment